Most bomb threats prove to be false alarms, but for safety's sake, they should be taken seriously.
The following procedures should be followed:
- Remain calm. Gather information.
- If possible, record the call.
- Try to determine from the caller the location of the bomb and the time of detonation.
- Listen for background noises that may help in identifying the area from which the call is coming. Listen to voice characteristics of the caller.
- Write down all information.
- Notify Peachtree Center Security at once (404) 654-1285 with a follow up call to Property Management (404) 524-3787.
- A Telephone Procedures Bomb Threat Checklist is available by clicking the link.
- Keep a lookout for strange or suspicious items. DO NOT TOUCH any suspicious items. DO NOT USE A CELL PHONE IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA of any suspicious item. Some bombs are set to detonate upon movement or cell phone activity.
- Notify security and property management immediately. Remain calm.
- Do not use a cell phone or any type of radio anywhere near the item due to if item is a bomb device the use of these items could possibly set the device off.
- Do not touch or disturb the item. Note the description of the item. Back away from the item.
- Inform others to stay away.
- Immediately observe your surroundings to see if anything is out of place or has been disturbed. Have others look at their surroundings and report any irregularities.
- Report findings to security and property management as quickly as possible with updated information as it is made available.